Effective September 2023
Respect for privacy and confidentiality is an important concern for the Association québécoise de récupération de contenants de boissons (hereinafter " Consignaction ", " we ", " us " or " our "). For this reason, Consignaction implements effective control measures to protect the confidential nature of personal information in its custody.
By accessing this Website or using our Services, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and storage of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Who is the Policy for?
- What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an individual that, individually or in combination with other data, can be used to identify that individual. This may include, for example, your name, e-mail addresses, contact information and any similar information provided to Consignaction. Such information is not considered personal information when it is aggregated and cannot be associated with an identifiable individual.
- Sources of personal information
We collect personal information about you from :
- You :
- When you provide this information directly to us, and
- When personal information about you is automatically collected as part of your use of our services.
- Third parties, when they provide us with personal information about you. Third parties who share your personal information with us include:
- Service providers. For example, we may use service providers to analyze how you interact and engage with our Website or services, or third parties may help us provide you with customer support.
- You :
- Personal information you voluntarily provide
When you visit our Web Site, participate in a contest, promotion, survey or create an account on the Web Site or use our services, you may be asked to voluntarily provide us with certain personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number) so that we can more easily communicate with you and provide you with the services you request.
- Personal information automatically collected
Cookies - When you access the Web Site, we use a browser feature called a "cookie" to automatically collect certain non-identifiable user information, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address that identifies the computer, the IP address of the Internet service provider, the name and version of the Web browser, the date and time the user accesses the Web Site, the Internet address from which the user directly accesses the Web Site, the operating system used, the sections of the Web Site visited, the Web pages read and images viewed, and the documents displayed on or downloaded from the Web Site. A cookie is a small text file containing a unique identification number that identifies the visitor's browser (but does not necessarily identify the visitor) to our computers whenever someone visits our Website.
- Purposes for which we collect personal information
Consignaction uses the personal information collected about you for the following purposes:
- Respond to or follow up on your online service requests, questions or comments;
- Create and manage your online account and provide you with the services to which you have subscribed;
- Personalize and enhance your experience on our Website;
- Carry out analyses and statistics on our audience, our clientele and the use of our Services, in order to better understand our customers' interests and preferences;
- Analyze user data on an aggregated and anonymous basis;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities;
- Take any other action for which personal information has been collected;
- For other purposes described in this Policy or permitted by law.
Follow-up information - Consignaction may use non-identifiable information about its users to create aggregate tracking information reports regarding the demographics of users of the Website or our Services. This non-identifiable information is used for system and Website administration purposes, to better understand your interests and to improve the site.
Electronic communications - If you provide your email address Consignaction may, from time to time, send you commercial electronic messages in the form of e-mail, notably to inform you of our promotions, important updates, or to offer you a new service or product, including those offered by entities belonging to the same group of companies.
Targeted advertising - Using cookies and web beacons, Consignaction is able to offer you advertising that better meets your needs, since it is targeted according to your interests. When you visit our Web site, cookies and web beacons tell us which pages are of interest to you. As a result, we can then display advertising that matches your interests. These technologies do not contain any personal or financial information that could identify you. They may contain a unique identifier for retargeting purposes. When you click on one of these ads, Consignaction may also track the response rate of the campaign.
- Disclosure of personal information
We may not disclose to a third party the personal information contained in the file we hold on you, except with your written consent or as provided for by law (in the case of an investigation by judicial officers, for example). In particular, we may communicate to a third party the personal information contained in the file we hold on you if this communication is made for the same purposes.
Sending your personal information outside of Consignaction is done in such a way as to ensure confidentiality, even if you are the recipient.
Disclosure to our service providers - We may also share your information with third-party suppliers, consultants and other service providers we employ to perform tasks or services on our behalf. These entities include, but are not limited to, our payment processors, web analytics companies (e.g., Google Analytics), business intelligence service providers, email service providers (e.g., Mailchimp), and advertising partners.
Disclosure to government agencies - We may disclose personal information about you to government agencies that are authorized by law to obtain such information, or when Consignaction has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records or information, or to protect the rights and property of Consignaction.
Business transactions - If Consignaction undergoes a merger or other reorganization, it may disclose your personal information to the resulting organization.
- Retention and security of personal information
Retention - The personal information we hold about you is kept in an electronic file, the purpose of which is to enable you to benefit from the services offered by Consignaction and complementary services.
Security - We take and apply the necessary and appropriate security measures to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information in our possession, and to protect it against loss, destruction, theft, as well as unauthorized consultation, communication, reproduction, use and modification. Personal information contained in files is therefore accessible only to those who need to know it in the performance of their duties, and who consult it only when necessary.
Nevertheless, due to the nature of the Internet and the technologies it supports, the risks associated with security and confidentiality cannot be eliminated and must be taken into account. Consignaction cannot guarantee that your personal information will not be disclosed in a manner contrary to this Policy.
Insofar as possible, we ensure that the personal information contained in the file we hold on you is up to date before using it to make a decision that concerns you.
- Right of access, rectification and deletion
By contacting Consignaction at [email protected], you can :
- Request access to your personal information and obtain information about its collection, use and disclosure by Consignaction of this information;
- Request to change or update your personal information; and
- Request the deletion of your personal information.
- Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to the personal information we hold about you, and you will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. You can contribute to maintaining Consignaction the accuracy of your personal information by notifying Consignaction of any necessary changes.
When you request the deletion of your personal information, it will be processed in accordance with applicable laws. Please be advised that Consignaction may retain some of your personal information in order to comply with its legal and regulatory obligations or if it is still required for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Refusal and withdrawal of consent
By contacting the person responsible at [email protected], you may withdraw or change your consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information, or refuse to participate in certain uses and disclosures, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. If you refuse to provide us with your personal information or to give us the required consents, we may not be able to do business with you or provide you with the services you have requested.
Electronic communications - At any time, you can have your name removed from our promotional or marketing electronic communications mailing lists by unsubscribing from our e-mailings or by changing your preferences in your account settings. Consignaction.
- How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate need to do so. Even if you have ceased to do business with us, we will need to retain certain information because, among other reasons, it is required by law. When this information is no longer required, it is destroyed. In the process of destroying information, we observe strict rules and ensure that no unauthorized person has access to it.
- Changes to the Policy
We may make changes or additions to this Policy at any time, so we encourage you to review it periodically. If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by changing the effective date of this Policy at the top of the page.
- How to contact us
If you have a question, concern or complaint about your privacy or our privacy practices, you can contact the Privacy Officer by e-mail at [email protected]. You can also contact us by mail at our head office: 3100 Côte-Vertu, Montreal, Quebec H2R 2J8. Include your name and contact information, the nature of your inquiry or complaint, and any other relevant information.