Consignaction is responsible for deploying and managing the modernized deposit-refund system in the province. It's a huge social project that's been many years in the making, and one that will come to fruition thanks to the hard work and determination of our dedicated team. By joining Consignaction, you'll be making a difference for the environment, and for generations to come.
Department: Finance and Compliance
Immediate superior: Senior Finance and Compliance Manager
Position type: Full time, Permanent
Full job description
As Chief Compliance Officer, the candidate will be responsible for setting up and running the department. He/she will be responsible for identifying the best processes to adopt and for steering the function in order to comply with the requirements of the Regulations for the development, implementation and financial support of a deposit-refund system for certain containers.
The fields of expertise covered in this role are :
- Identification of best business practices;
- Setting up a team of auditors.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the deployment of the organization's audit and verification function;
- Carry out certain compliance audits on members' premises and train the team of auditors;
- Validate data transmitted via monthly declarations;
- Drive the improvement of control methods, reports and processes using both new and existing technologies, with the aim of optimizing the member audit process;
- Ensure continuous improvement of existing processes;
- Support members in their choices concerning the execution and effectiveness of process-related control measures;
- Generate reports and communicate results to stakeholders;
- Communicate all relevant information to the finance team in charge of the day-to-day management of activities with members;
- Ensure constant collaboration with the operations department;
- Document and analyze members' business processes.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) auditor;
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, with a specialization in finance or accounting.
Experience and knowledge
- Minimum of five years' relevant accounting experience (firm experience an asset);
- Excellent command of Excel;
- Experience in managing staff and consultants;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Analytical, autonomous and operational;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to manage a large volume of files;
- Ability to learn continuously and work under pressure.
Key issues and challenges of the position
Job location Hybrid telecommuting in Ville St-Laurent, QC
Valid driver's license required